In a recent Business Insider article: It was reported that the school analysis site Niche surveyed 909 public and private high schools between 2012 and 2014, and ranked schools by students' average SAT/ACT scores. The ranking was based on self-reported scores from 75,834 users over the two-year period. In order to qualify, a school had to have responses from at least 100 students. Leland Public School was ranked 22 out of 25, and is the only school in Michigan to obtain this status, amongst many prestigious contenders!
A study from Case Western Reserve University last year showed that standardized testing scores are excellent measures of general cognitive ability. And they continue to play a role in the competitive college admissions process. Other research holds that this data is highly reliable and a valid measure of brainpower.
Complete list below. Congratulations to Leland students and staff!
1. Thomas Jefferson High - Alexandria, VA
2. The Harker School - San Jose, CA
3. Dalton School - New York City, NY
4. Stuyvesant High School - New York City, NY
5. Regis High School - New York City, NY
6. Marlborough School - Los Angeles, CA
7. Lynbrook High - San Jose, CA
8. Lick-Wilmerding High School - San Francisco, CA
9. The Hotchkiss School - Lakeville, CT
10. Packer Collegiate Institute - Brooklyn, NY
11. IL Mathematics & Science Academy - Aurora, IL
12. Henry M. Gunn High - Palo Alto, CA
13. Phillips Exeter Academy - Exeter, NH
14. Middlesex School - Concord, MA
15. Monta Vista High - Cupertino, CA
16. Sidwell Friends School - Washington, D.C.
17. Choate Rosemary Hall - Wallington, CT
18. Mission San Jose High - Fremont, CA
19. Noble & Greenough School - Dedham, MA
20. Leland High - San Jose, CA
21. Ransom Everglades School - Coconut Grove, FL
22. Leland Public School - Leland, MI
23. Ethical Culture Fieldston Middle & Upper - Bronx, NY
24. Brentwood School - Merrimack, NH
25. The Shipley School - Bryn Mawr, PA< Back to listings